Creating product variants in Shopify
Creating product variants
- Sometimes customizable products have more than one color, material, size or style so the creation of all possible variations is inevitable.
- It is important to emphasize that product variations must be fist created in Shopify store and only then – linked to particular product templates in the Smart Customizer app.
- Follow the step by step guide on how to make product variations customizable.
Adding product variants in your Shopify store
- Open your customizable product in Shopify.
- Add all the necessary product information like Title, Description, and product Images.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for Variants. Click on the Add options like size or color.
- Choose the option type from the dropdown Option name and add as many options as your product has.
- Name your variants neatly, add thumbnails, enter prices and other necessary details. Save the changes. .
Linking product templates to Shopify variants
- You will have to create as many product templates in our app, as many variants you added in your Shopify store. For instance, if you have a customizable hoodie that is available in 7 different colors then you should add 7 product templates in SC app - each representing a different color. If you don't know how to start with the product setup please chek the reference.
- Once you done with the product setup please make sure that each product template is linked to a particular variant in Shopify. Open product template and assign the necessary variant. Save the changes.
- Check how the variants work in the front.
- If the Customize product button does not appear, please check the troubleshooting article or contact our support team.