Creating design templates for your products
Before we get started
- Design template is a predefined mockup of texts and visuals that help customers to start the customization quickly.
- We recommend creating and assigning at least three different design templates for your product template.
- It is possible to install and use our graphic assets library while creating a design template but you can also upload your own graphics.
- Our app supports .png, .jpg, .pdf, and .svg file formats for graphics upload.
How to create a design template
- Go to Design Templates and click Add New.
- Enter your Template Name. The name of a design template will be visible for your customers.
- Add template dimensions. We would recommend using the same dimensions as it is set for your product's print area.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to Save design template.
- Open Design Editor.
- Create your design template by inserting custom texts or graphics from your computer. Learn more how to upload your custom graphic assets to the library.
- Once done, click Update Thumbnail, then press Update & Save and you will return to the template setup window.
- Assign your template to specific products using the Assigned Products field.
- Press Save to complete.
- You can assign design Tags that will allow your customers to filter designs by tag. Create tags under the Template Tags section.
- If you already have a design template created in your vector-based program - you can simply upload it as a clipart in .svg file format.
- You can also create a custom toolset, as an example with limited colors that can be used in the design, and assign it to your design template once created. Do not forget to save design template after assigning a new toolset. To create a toolset go to Preferences > Add new toolset > Choose your custom settings > Save.
- You can also ensure that important design elements will not be moved or edited by the customers. Our app has 3 types of object locks available:
Graphic asset is not locked as a default once uploaded and can be both moved and edited in the design editor. This is because the Lock icon is not activated: If you want to lock an object/asset click once on the Lock icon. Single click means that a customer will not be able to move the asset but it will be possible to edit it and unlock manually if needed. If you want to lock an object/asset permanently click twice on the Lock icon. Double click means that a customer will not be able to move the asset as well as edit it or unlock it manually.
Important: templates saved with Visible checkmark enabled will appear for your customers instantly.